1 year

How many kisses can you give in one year?









Honestly...I don't know.  Definitely more than hundreds or thousands.  Ten thousands?  Maybe more.

Thinking back on the past year, it is hard for me to find the right words. 

For me, a "picture speaks a thousand words," so looking back at Ethan's hospital pictures, spoke volumes to me today. 

I stare at that girl.  Waiting to meet her son.  Not knowing what to expect.  Not knowing that in a few minutes, the most important being would be put into her arms.  Someone that would flip her entire world upside down.

I thank God for him every single day.  Every single day, I am thankful to be his mother.  Every single day, I close my eyes and pray for us, as we are both learning and growing in our relationship. 

He is my heaven.  He is my life and love.  I had never actually felt my heart until I met him.  Sometimes, I stare and him and I swear, I can actually feel my heart.  It is hard to explain but it is the most incredible feeling in the world.

Happy first birthday, my sweet Ethan man.  Mommy and Daddy love you so much.  You enrich our lives every day.  Thank you for being patient with us as we learn how to be parents.  We know you won't remember your first year but we will never, ever forget it.  Xoxo.

Susan  – (May 15, 2012 at 7:57 AM)  

Gorgeous post! Couldn't have said it better myself! Happy Birthday, Ethan!

Jen  – (May 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM)  

This is one of the most touching posts I've read in a long time. Happy Birthday, Ethan!

Stevie  – (May 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM)  

I'm in tears. I love this post so much :)

MIke –   – (May 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM)  

This is just beautiful. I love you so very much and I can't believe how incredibly blessed we are. xoxo

LoLo  – (May 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM)  

Thanks for making me cry today!! Happy Bday Ethan!!

Julia Goolia  – (May 16, 2012 at 8:55 AM)  

Beautiful post, lady. Love that you love motherhood so much. Totally indescribable.

Amy  – (May 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM)  

I love this post. I told Brady that one day that i just can never give him enough kisses. So sometimes before work, he asks for LOTS of kisses :)

Happy Birthday, Ethan! It's amazing what someone so tiny can do to you and change you. I'm pretty excited we get to do that a 2nd time. :) His party pics are adorable too!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP